Friday 19 July 2019

Review: The Doll Factory

The Doll Factory The Doll Factory by Elizabeth Macneal
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had high hopes for Elizabeth Macneal’s The Doll Factory, finding myself desperate to read it. Not only did it sound intriguing, I’ve heard so many great things about it. Add in the fact there was a long waiting list to borrow it from the library, and I was hopeful for an addictive read.

In truth, it took me a long time to get into this one. It was very slow to start, and there were points where I found myself willing to put the book down and not wanting to return. Despite this, I persisted. There was potential with this one, and I continued in the hope of experiencing the promised goodness.

Although things came together in an interesting way, it was not enough for all the build-up. Things were dealt with far too easily, and the pay-off was not what I’d hoped for. I’d expected something much bigger, was hoping for something that would make all the build-up worth it, but such was not what I was given.

I think I just expected more from this one, considering the things I’ve heard about it. It wasn’t a bad book, it simply wasn’t enough for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment