Wednesday 24 July 2019

Review: The Blood Road

The Blood Road The Blood Road by Stuart MacBride
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Stuart MacBride is one of my favourite crime writers, and I’m always eager to dive into the next Logan McRae novel. With The Blood Road, book eleven, I was extra eager as Logan was entering a new era in his career. Although it’s a new era, it’s very much the classic Stuart MacBride read.

With The Blood Road, Stuart MacBride does what he does best. We have a gripping storyline with many elements, each time we start to put the pieces together, more is introduced. Even when you work out details, you remain curious about the little things, desperate to see how every small detail will play out in the end.

On top of the gripping story that has you turning the pages, we have the great characters and humour. As always, I was giggling away at this story and in love with the way the individual storylines developed. Some of the things that happen are a bit on the childish side, meaning the story won’t be funny for all, but I found it highly entertaining as a whole.

As ever, I’m eager for the next Logan McRae story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment