Wednesday 24 July 2019

Review: Call of Night

Call of Night Call of Night by Emily Goodwin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Call of Night is the third book in Emily Goodwin’s Throne Hill series, and to understand this one you need to have read the prior books. Each book builds upon the last, adding more and more to the world we were introduced to in the first book. With Call of Night, plenty is added to the series and there is plenty opened up for where the series will head in the future.

Although I loved all that was added to the Throne Hill series in this one, I’m going to be honest and say I wasn’t as in love with it as I had hoped to be. There was certainly a lot introduced to the series, plenty of ideas have formed in my mind about what will happen next, but I feel this one didn’t quite pack the punch it could have considering all that was involved. There were times when things seemed to move a bit too slowly for my liking, times where I was expecting more action, which meant I wasn’t quite as crazy about this book as I had hoped to be.

Don’t get me wrong, I had a lot of fun seeing what came next. I simply wish there’d been more action and more shock value when things were revealed. As it was, I enjoyed where the series is taking us, but I wasn’t quite as in love with this book as I could have been.

I certainly need book four, though, to see what comes next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment