Thursday 25 July 2019

Review: Wonder

Wonder Wonder by R.J. Palacio
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

R.J. Palacio’s Wonder is a book I spent a lot of time on the fence about. It sounded okay, but it didn’t scream out to me. Add in the hype, and I was worried. In the end, however, I decided to give it a read. Yes, it’s well after the hype has ended, but better late than never.

Although Wonder was a quick read, I was never wowed by it in the way other people were. My rating isn’t quite a full three-star rating, but there were enough emotions felt throughout to have me rounding my rating up. Despite the fact I wasn’t crazy about this one, I’m not entirely sure what my issue with the book was.

I think, mostly, it’s simply a case of I’d been expecting more. There’s a great message in this book, but I’d expected something more from the story. I enjoyed what I was given, but I was never obsessed by it.

Overall, okay for a quick read, but I’m not buying into the hype.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment