Tuesday 23 July 2019

Review: Forget My Name

Forget My Name Forget My Name by J.S. Monroe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had high hopes for Forget My Name, spent a lot of the book creating theories of how everything would come together, but in the end this one disappointed me. There is no denying it was an addictive read, but the way things played out left me disappointed. I expected more, I was ready to have my mind blown, only to finish the book with a feeling of ‘well okay’.

Forget My Name sucks you in from the very start, introducing you to a storyline that leaves you with numerous possibilities. Each new piece of information leaves you with new guesses, to the point where you’re worried too much will be introduced. Despite this, you remain curious as to what the truth is. There are so many options you find yourself puzzling over which one will be the truth. Slowly things become a bit clearer, you have ideas about who the bad guy is and what the grand plan may be, but you remain in need of the specifics.

It’s when the specifics are given that the book stopped entertaining me in the same way. Things were too easy, things weren’t as dramatic as I’d hoped for, and I’d been hoping for so much more. There is no doubt everything came together, but it wasn’t what I’d hoped for after so much build-up. I’d been ready for something shocking, something that would knock me off my seat, but as it was I nodded my head and turned the page in hope something more shocking would be given if I just kept reading. Unfortunately, there wasn’t.

Overall, Forget My Name was an addictive read but the ending wasn’t worth all the build-up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment