Monday 8 March 2021

Review: The Knight's Falconess

The Knight's Falconess The Knight's Falconess by Catherine E. Chapman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Knight’s Falconess was a gripping story, one that had me a bit conflicted about my rating. On the one hand, there was plenty packed into this story and it looked at things that are sometimes overlooked in these types of stories. On the other hand, I never quite believed in the romance between the characters. The fact the romance never quite won me over is the reason I rounded my rating down.

Although I was never quite convinced by the romance between the characters, I could not get enough of the story. Once I started reading, I could not put it down. I needed to see how each element played out, how all the details came together, and gladly devoured it in a single sitting to get my answers. It takes some expected details for this kind of story and twists them to turn the focus elsewhere, giving the reader what they expect from a medieval romance whilst providing them with something that will leave them guessing.

All in all, The Knight’s Falconess was an addictive read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment