Tuesday 2 March 2021

Review: Takakush

Takakush Takakush by Raine Reiter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Takakush is the first book in the Genus Magica series by Raine Reiter, and it was a quick and addictive read. It’s one I was happy to power through in a single sitting, eager to see how everything came together.

I’ll be honest and say, as addictive as this was, it did take me a little while to get into it. The magical world that was introduced was interesting, but it took a while for me to understand it. Even then, there were some details that weren’t quite as clear as I would have liked them to be. Due to this, there were some details that did not hit me quite as hard as I would have liked. Despite this, the story did keep me hooked throughout and there was enough packed into the pages to ensure I was gripped by the unfolding storyline.

All in all, Takakush was an interesting start to the Genus Magica series. Takakush introduces mythology that is not often seen, making it great for those looking for something a little bit different.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment