Wednesday 3 March 2021

Review: Scars & Silver Linings

Scars & Silver Linings Scars & Silver Linings by Kelsey Kingsley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Scars & Silver Linings is another real and raw story from Kelsey Kingsley, one that will hit hard for many readers. It deals with something a lot of people experience, something that is never quite given the attention it should receive, and it brings to life all the conflicting emotions that the experience is made up of.

I’ll be honest, although this one hit hard it is not my favourite Kelsey Kingsley read. That is not to say it is a bad book – far from it – but I have enjoyed other books from the author a bit more. This, however, does not take away from how hard this one hit me. It pulled at my heartstrings throughout, leaving me an emotional mess at so many points in the story. It’s personal, it’s real, and it hits the tough notes that real life is made up of. Filled with highs and lows, it is a story that cannot be put down until you’ve seen the happiness at the end.

Without a doubt, this is one to read if you’re looking for something true and hard hitting.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment