Monday 1 March 2021

Review: A Secret Garden

A Secret Garden A Secret Garden by Katie Fforde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A Secret Garden was my first Katie Fforde book, and my feelings toward it are a bit conflicted. On the one hand, it was an easy read that I happily devoured in no time. On the other hand, it was a bit too twee for me and I expected more.

I think my issue with this one is that I expect a bit more to happen in my romance books. This one had an interesting premise, there were some nice details, but things were a bit too easy for me. There was not as much conflict as I would have liked, and things were resolved a bit too easily for my liking, Add in the fact that the secret garden did not appear until nearly the end of the book, and this wasn’t quite what I expected.

Although I’d expected more from this one, it was an easy read. If nothing else, it made for a nice break between heavier reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment