Monday 29 March 2021

Review: M for Mammy

M for Mammy M for Mammy by Eleanor O'Reilly
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

M for Mammy was a book with potential, yet it was one I never quite connected with. I’m sure this will work for many, but the lack of real plot and the writing style meant my investment in the story was never what it could have been.

I’ll confess, there were some amusing moments that made me smile. The book also looked at some heavy topics and handled certain aspects well. For me, however, these details were lost in the way the story was told. Things dragged on and on, I found myself getting lost in the made-up details, and there were aspects that were never explored as well as they could have been. When aspects of the story held my attention, I was happy to read. Those details, unfortunately, were few and far between.

All in all, I’m sure many will love this one. Sadly, however, it was not for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment