Monday 7 October 2019

Review: The Wolf

The Wolf The Wolf by Alex Grecian
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I positively adore Alex Grecian’s Scotland Yard’s Murder Squad series and was super curious about The Wolf when I saw we were getting something outside of the series. I was eager for a standalone that would grab me in the same way as the Scotland Yard Murder Squad series.

Unfortunately, The Wolf failed to grab me in the way I had hoped. The story had the potential to be gripping, but I found myself unable to get into it in the way I had hoped. There was never the shock factor I had expected, there was never the love for the characters I had hoped for, and in the end I was disappointed by how easily everything came together.

In fact, the only thing I was crazy about in this book was the dog. It’s rather disappointing when the aspect that steals the limelight is an animal. I love animals – I adore animals – but there was so much in this book that should have rated above. There should have been mystery and suspense that shocked me, there should have been characters I adored, and there should have been emotion pulled out of me. Instead, the only thing I cared for was the dog.

I’ll certainly continue to read Alex Grecian, but The Wolf wasn’t to the author’s usual standard.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment