Thursday 17 October 2019

Review: On the DL

On the DL On the DL by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m always eager to dive into a Laramie Briscoe book – almost every release from the author has left me curious – and On the DL was no different. It had me curious about the MVP duet, and I was happy to dive in.

I’m going to be honest and say I wasn’t crazy about this one. It was an easy read that had me devouring it in no time at all, but I did not experience the intense emotions I have felt when reading other Laramie Briscoe reads. In fact, it took a while before I was invested in this one.

On the DL is certainly an interesting story, one that has you curious to see how the romance plays out, but it never hooked me in the way I had hoped. I wanted to be sucked deep into the story, instead I feel the story gave lots of moments instead of being pulling me in so deep I forgot about the world around me.

I’m certainly curious as to how the MVP duet ends, but I’m not as crazy about this one as I have been about other Laramie Briscoe books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment