Friday 25 October 2019

Review: Landon & Shay: Part One

Landon & Shay: Part One Landon & Shay: Part One by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Earlier this year I read and adored Eleanor & Grey. It was a book I devoured, one that made my love for Brittainy C. Cherry’s writing even stronger. From the moment I finished, I needed more. Specifically, I needed the story of Landon and Shay. Thus, I jumped right into Landon & Shay: Part One the moment it appeared on my Kindle.

I’m going to be completely truthful and say it took a while for me to get into Landon & Shay. I think the fact Eleanor & Grey hooked me from the very first page left me with too high hopes for this one. Thus, for the first few chapters I found the book to be okay but I was not crazy about it. Around the twenty-percent-mark, however, things changed. The book went from being okay and became a book I could not put down. I was sucked in so deep, so invested in the story, and could not pull myself away from it.

Once the slowness of the start is over, the story introduces us to so much. There is so much emotion throughout, so many beautiful words, and I could not get enough. The way the story developed was wonderful, leaving me to experience all the feels. I laughed, my heart broke, and I felt everything the characters felt. With plenty of elements introduced throughout, I wanted to see how everything came together.

Although Landon & Shay did not play out the way I had expected, I came to adore this one. It got under my skin and has left me desperate for more. I cannot wait to dive into Landon & Shay: Part Two.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment