Wednesday 2 October 2019

Review: The Masked Truth

The Masked Truth The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big Kelley Armstrong fan, and am always eager to read more of her work. The Masked Truth is one I’ve been curious about for a long time, since it was released a few years ago, but it’s only when I noticed the library had a copy that I decided to dive in.

If I’m being completely honest, The Masked Truth is not a favourite. In fact, it’s a rounded up three-point-five-star rating. It required a bit too much suspension of belief for me to love this one, but I did enjoy the way mental health was dealt with throughout the book. When I forced myself to stop thinking about how out there the story was, I found myself addicted.

Although The Masked Truth is a gripping story with a great message, it will not be for everyone. In addition to the suspension of belief required, this one also has a lot of internal monologues. I know not everyone enjoys this, but it does play into the story and what the characters are going through.

In fact, I feel The Masked Truth is a story that will divide people. It will either hook you or you’ll find it grates on you. For those that are willing to give it a try, the way things come together plays out really well and makes it well worth it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment