Monday 28 October 2019

Review: Tuesday's Gone

Tuesday's Gone Tuesday's Gone by Nicci French
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tuesday’s Gone is the second book in Nicci French’s Frieda Klein series. Although this one had me hooked and I powered through it, I’m going to be honest and say I did not enjoy this one quite as much as I enjoyed the first book. In fact, this is a rounded up three-point-five-star rating.

With Tuesday’s Gone, we had a story that left me curious about how all the pieces came together. There were plenty of elements introduced, and I had theories about most. Although I was right about most of them – especially the most important aspects – there were a few things I did not pick up on. It was this that had me rounding my rating up rather than down.

In truth, I think Tuesday’s Gone didn’t quite wow me because it suffers from second book syndrome. It sets things up well for the rest of the series, but we were not given enough of those details for it to completely hook me. The crime in this one was interesting, although predictable. The characters grew, but I’m still waiting to find out a bit more about them.

Overall, an enjoyable second book. I’ll be diving into the third soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment