Saturday 19 October 2019

Review: Meant to Be

Meant to Be Meant to Be by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve been meaning to read Laramie Briscoe’s Heaven Hill series for quite some time, especially with how I’ve really enjoyed other books by the author. Although I devoured Meant to Be in a single sitting, desperate to see how everything played out, I did not love this one in the way I have loved other Laramie Briscoe books.

Meant to Be was an interesting story, one that has left me curious to see how things play out for the other characters throughout the series. Although interesting, it did not hook me in the way I had hoped. The emotions were never as intense as I’d expected, and the events were never as shocking. We touched upon a lot of things that could have made this a powerful read, but they were never taken as far as they could have been.

From reading other Laramie Briscoe books, I know this one is not representative of the author’s usual standard of work. Therefore, my fingers are crossed the series hooks me more the deeper into it I get. There was a lot of potential here, and I’m ready to see it play out in the later books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment