Tuesday 22 October 2019

Review: Let It Be Me

Let It Be Me Let It Be Me by Laura Chapman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I positively adored Counting on You, the first book in Laura Chapman’s Amarillo Sour series, and could not wait to get hold of the second book. Thus, the moment Let It Be Me was on my Kindle, I jumped right in. As I had hoped, it was a great second book in the series.

I will be honest and say I didn’t enjoy this one quite as much as I enjoyed the first book. I enjoyed Counting on You a wee bit more, but that does not mean Let It Be Me is a bad book. I was invested from the start, I devoured it in no time at all, and I’m once again eager for more in the Amarillo Sour series.

From the very first page, Let It Be Me had me invested in the characters and all that was playing out. There were a couple of times when I was pulled slightly out of the story by British stereotypes, but that did not stop my enjoyment. I wore a stupid smile on my face for most of the book, I laughed at many points, and I adored the characters. It was such a great story, one with plenty packed into it, and I could not get enough of it.

Without a doubt, Laura Chapman has ensured I’ll be back for more of the Amarillo Sour series in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment