Tuesday 15 October 2019

Review: Call It What You Want

Call It What You Want Call It What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since reading and enjoying Brigid Kemmerer’s A Curse So Dark and Lonely, I’ve been desperate to read more of the authors work. After borrowing Letters to the Lost from the library, I ended up binging all the Brigid Kemmerer books the library had to offer. Call It What You Want was the final Brigid Kemmerer book the library had, and with it I find myself still in need of more Brigid Kemmerer.

All the Brigid Kemmerer books I have read have been great reads, books that grip me and have me powering through the story. Call It What You Want was no different, although I will say it’s not my favourite. Letters to the Lost and More Than We Can Tell, the two other contemporary Brigid Kemmerer books I have read, were four-point-five-star ratings, whereas Call It What You Want was just a four-star rating. A solid four-star rating, but there were no moments when I considered giving it a higher rating.

I certainly enjoyed this one, finding myself hooked from the start. It was another read I could not put down, one that had me invested in all that occurred. Although I loved the characters and events, there wasn’t quite the depth I experienced in my prior Brigid Kemmerer reads. I loved the story, but I wanted a wee bit more. Certain things felt a bit too easy, and what should have been shocking failed to shock me.

Overall, this was another great read. However, I will not be labelling this my favourite of the author’s work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment