Friday 6 December 2019

Review: Duke of Depravity

Duke of Depravity Duke of Depravity by Scarlett Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since reading and adoring my first Scarlett Scott read, I’ve needed more. With each book I read, Scarlett Scott works her way higher up my list of favourite authors in the genre, ensuring I will always come back for more. With Duke of Depravity, we have another read I enjoyed but it’s not my favourite book from the author.

In truth, at the start of this one I was leaning more towards a three-star rating. It was interesting, but it did not grab me in quite the same way as other Scarlett Scott reads. Despite this, I stuck with the book. Later in the book, I became gripped. It was not to the same level as other Scarlett Scott reads, but it certainly had me pulled in.

It’s a book with more depth than first appears on the surface, one that leaves a satisfied feeling in the end. It did not wow me to the usual high Scarlett Scott standard, but it kept me turning the pages, and I’m certainly curious to see what happens in the next book.

All in all, another fun read from the author. It may not be the strong four-star rating of other Scarlett Scott reads, but it was enjoyable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment