Monday 9 December 2019

Review: The Institute

The Institute The Institute by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Stephen King is a hit or miss author for me. He’s the only author I have given every rating to. He is the only author I will continue to read after having multiple bad experiences. I blame my mother for this, as she brought me up on his books, but I do not mind. It means it’s always a mystery as to whether I will love or hate the newest Stephen King novel.

With The Institute, it was a case of love. I was pulled right into the story and was happy to power through it. It has not earned the title of my favourite King novel, but it certainly had me hooked throughout. It was a story that left me desperate to see how everything came together, one that had me picking it up whenever I had the chance.

Sure, this isn’t the terrifying horror of some King books, but it has the supernatural suspense that keeps you engaged throughout. You’re invested in the characters, the story covers so much, and you’ll be left content with this King book.

All in all, another great King read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment