Friday 13 December 2019

Review: The Librarian's Vampire Assistant, Book 4

The Librarian's Vampire Assistant, Book 4 The Librarian's Vampire Assistant, Book 4 by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I hate to say it, but this was not a standalone. It was advertised as such, but from the start it was clear I was thrown in the middle of a story. Sure, there were numerous information dumps at the start to try and get me caught up, but it failed to help. I was still in the middle of a story and it resulted in me being unable to get into it.

After this one, I doubt I will be going back and reading the prior books. It was trying too hard and I did not care. There was no humour (at least, I think it was going for humour), it was too on the nose, and the characters got on my nerves. The voices did not go with the characters at all – I was being told one thing and seeing another.

As so many love Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, I will give another of the author’s books a read. However, it will not be one in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment