Monday 2 December 2019

Review: Scarred

Scarred Scarred by Joanne Macgregor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve been curious about Joanne Macgregor’s Scarred for a while. I’ve read most of the authors work and have loved them all, with Scarred always in the background promising another book I would adore. As soon as I started reading this one, I knew I was in for a wonderful read.

From the very first page, Scarred pulled me in. It was a book I had to complete in a single sitting, one I could not put down. With each page, I was sucked in deeper. With each element that was introduced, I fell deeper in love. With each detail, I needed more. It’s a story that hooks, but it’s also a story with wonderful messages.

Not only did it come with a gripping story and great messages, it surprised me. I knew something big was going to happen, but how the story played out in the end was not what I expected. It shocked me, it took me on an unexpected journey, and it pulled out emotions I did not expect from this book. I love it when a book surprises me, and this one did so in all the right ways.

The only thing I would have liked it an epilogue. I have a serious weakness for seeing what comes next, after things are wrapped up. The ending was great, I simply would have liked to see something beyond. Of course, that’s just me wanting more. I love to have an impression of how everything is later, but it was not enough to take away from the story.

All in all, Scarred was another wonderful read from Joanne Macgregor. If you have yet to read a Joanne Macgregor book, you need to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment