Wednesday 8 January 2020

Review: The Country Guesthouse

The Country Guesthouse The Country Guesthouse by Robyn Carr
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Country Guesthouse is the fifth book in Robyn Carr’s Sullivan’s Crossing series, and as with all the books in the series it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. Although you get to see characters from the prior books in this one, it is not necessary to have read their stories to enjoy this one – it’s simply an added bonus.

Although I did enjoy The Country Guesthouse, I’m going to be honest and say it’s not my favourite in the series. I powered through it in a single sitting, as I do with all Robyn Carr books, but this one didn’t quite wow me to the same degree as the other books in the series.

As always, Robyn Carr takes a real issue and pulls you into the story. You quickly connect to the characters and find yourself desperate to see how their stories come together. However, with this one, I found myself wanting more. It was great to see how things developed, but there were certain elements of the story I would have liked to have seen more of, there were certain elements I would have liked to have been given more depth.

There is no doubt it was an enjoyable read and I loved how things played out, but this isn’t my number one Robyn Carr read. For fans of Sullivan’s Crossing, however, The Country Guesthouse is a nice addition to the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment