Tuesday 14 January 2020

Review: Praying for Rain

Praying for Rain Praying for Rain by B.B. Easton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Praying for Rain is the first book in B.B. Easton’s Rain trilogy, and I was hooked. As much as I love dystopian romances, I do not read them as often as I would like due to how similar I find a lot of them to be. I require something that stands out, something that grips me, and Praying for Rain certainly achieved the desired effects.

Filled with what makes dystopian romances so addictive, Praying for Rain had me devouring the book in a single sitting. I had so many questions, details I needed to see coming together, and it had me unable to put the book down. Although some of my questions were answered, there were plenty of new ones introduced later in the book, ensuring I’ll be back to see what happens next.

I have plenty of theories of how things will play out, and I’m super curious about so many elements. There are a couple of details I think will play out in a predictable way – unfortunately, some elements were overly predictable – but there are a lot of aspects that are unclear and I’m uncertain about. My need for answers allowed me to overlook the somewhat instalove way the romance developed in this one, as I’m invested enough to not be caught up in in.

All in all, Praying for Rain was a wonderful read that has me desperate for book two.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment