Friday 31 January 2020

Review: Ring around the Rosey

Ring around the Rosey Ring around the Rosey by L.A. Fiore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As I’ve previously adored a L.A. Fiore book, I was eager for more of the author’s work. With Ring around the Rosey we had a book that sounded perfect for me. Mystery and thrills, secrets and suspense, romance and darkness. I went in with high expectations… only to be conflicted.

This is a book where I wanted to be able to give a four-star rating, only it wasn’t quite there. It’s a three-point-five-star read, one I ended up rounding down. It was certainly addictive, but I had too many open questions at the end to be fully satisfied with the conclusion.

Although the constant head hopping that occurred in this one annoyed me, I found myself sucked into the story enough that I was able to deal with it. With information being slowly shared, there were so many possibilities about how things would play out. Things became quite obvious once the information started to come out, but there was plenty that had me curious.

All in all, an addictive read even though it wasn’t quite all I’d hoped for. I’ll certainly be reading more from both authors, as I remain curious.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment