Friday 29 March 2019

Review: The Cliff House

The Cliff House The Cliff House by RaeAnne Thayne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have read and enjoyed a few RaeAnne Thayne books and was eager to dive into The Cliff House when I heard there was a new standalone for me to jump into. Although I have given this one a three-star rating, know I had a big debate with this one. A part of me wanted to round my three-point-five-star rating up, and I almost did, but the part of me that compared it to my other RaeAnne Thayne reads had me rounding down.

I did have a lot of fun with this one – as always, RaeAnne Thayne sucked me in deep and I was happy to devour the book in a single sitting – but it is not my favourite read from the author. It dealt with plenty of topics, it had some great characters, but I feel as though some of the things were never dealt with as deeply as they could have been. In some ways, I believe I would have enjoyed this one more as three individual books, allowing us to go even deeper into each of the characters stories.

As it was, The Cliff House was an addictive read with plenty packed into it. We have wonderful characters and individual stories that tie together so well. We get to see so much throughout, experience many facets of life, and everything that happens leaves you unable to put the book down. It’s a story that dealt with a lot more than I expected, one that packs a punch on many fronts.

If you’re a fan of any RaeAnne Thayne series, I certainly recommend giving this standalone a read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment