Friday 22 March 2019

Review: Healer's Bane

Healer's Bane Healer's Bane by Hope Ann
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hope Ann’s Healer’s Bane was an enjoyable quick read, a novella that packs a lot into the story. It is one that will grip you for the duration, leaving you more than happy to power through the pages.

I will be honest by saying, at first, I was unsure about this one. It’s well written and interesting, but I was uncertain about the world. I’m a lover of complex worlds, of lots of world building, and this one didn’t quite have enough for me. I understood the most basic details of what was going on, but I did not understand it to quite the degree I had hoped for.

Things became clearer the more I read, although it never did quite reach the level I would have liked. Despite this, the story gripped me. Things came together so well, there was plenty to enjoy, and I had a lot of fun with it. I’m certainly willing to read more set in this world, with the hope of understanding more, as there seems to be a lot more on offer.

Overall, Healer’s Bane was a fun novella.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment