Saturday 9 March 2019

Review: Season of Hytalia

Season of Hytalia Season of Hytalia by Jennifer Arntson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adored the first two books in the Scavenger Girl series, and although the second book ended with information that left me fearing the future of the series, I was eager to dive into the third book. As Jennifer Arntson has demonstrated throughout the series, I did not need to worry. Season of Hytalia was another wonderful addition to the series, a book that added so much to the world.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Scavenger Girl books keep getting better. The deeper into the series we get, the more the world opens. There are so many layers to uncover, so many aspects to keep you hooked, and with each book you’re given something that will shock you. For me, Season of Hytalia shocked me with the development of some of the characters. I’m not going to say what happened, but know we finally get answers to certain characters and their behaviour in this one, and I was taken aback by the way things played out – it was not what I expected, not at all.

Of course, that was not the only thing to shock me. There were numerous details that were developed in relation to the world in this one, and I adored the way things expanded. We get to meet new characters, we get to understand new details, and each one sucks you in ever deeper. It is impossible to say what aspect grabbed me the most, as each chapter sucked me in with something different.

Without a doubt, Season of Hytalia is a powerful addition to the Scavenger Girl series. If you’ve yet to read the series, you need to amend the error.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment