Wednesday 13 March 2019

Review: Cruel Sanctuary

Cruel Sanctuary Cruel Sanctuary by Tara Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tara Leigh is one of my favourite romance writers. Dark romance is my catnip. It is no surprise I was all over The Wages of Sin books the moment I heard about them, they screamed out to me and I was happy to devour.

Before I go deep into a review, I wish to prefix it with a quick nod to my view of dark romance. As I’ve said, dark romance is my catnip. However, very few writers actually write what I consider dark. Books I consider dark are usually those viewed as too much by other readers. Due to this, I tend to stick to the same authors for my dark romance fix. I will give other authors a read, but for a real fix I have specific authors. Due to this, I have separated my dark reads into those that are truly dark and those that are main stream dark.

Cruel Sanctuary falls into the latter category. It is dark in comparison to other Tara Leigh books, it has the signs of the main stream ‘dark’ authors (the intensity of the erotic scenes and the criminal underbelly of a city), but it is not dark by my standards. Very few books are, yet such did not stop this from being a great read. In fact, I went in knowing it was unlikely to reach the level of darkness I favour, yet I knew I was likely to enjoy it as Tara Leigh was the master behind the words.

With Cruel Sanctuary, Tara Leigh opens The Wages of Sin books in such a way that you will power through this one. It’s a quick read, one where things happen in rapid succession, and you will find yourself more than willing to devour the book in a single sitting. When you reach the end, you will find yourself desperate for the second book. In typical duet fashion, this one ends on a cliff-hanger that leaves you desperate for more.

With plenty of layers to unwrap, Cruel Sanctuary has you turning the pages at a rapid pace. You will fall in love with the characters, you will feel the intensity of the chemistry, and you will be hooked to the storyline. Without a doubt, it’s a typical Tara Leigh read in that it’s more addictive than it has any right to be.

There is no doubt in my mind that I’ll be devouring Corrupt Savior the moment I get my hands on it, as I need to see how things end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment