Tuesday 26 March 2019

Review: Dead of Night

Dead of Night Dead of Night by Emily Goodwin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Emily Goodwin is an author to have caught my attention on a couple of occasions. With Dead of Night, the first book in the Thorne Hill series, I finally jumped into one of her books.

In truth, this isn’t quite a full four-star rating. It was so close I had to round up, but when compared to some of my other four-star paranormal romance reads, it doesn’t quite match up. It was addictive, it was a lot of fun, but it was a wee bit on the basic side when compared to some of the complex paranormal books I’ve read in the past. Despite the simplicity, I had a lot of fun with this one.

It was a fun storyline, one that sucks you in quickly. The characters are a lot of fun, there are questions you will find yourself curious about throughout, and by the end of the book you’re left wanting more. This wasn’t quite a ‘wow’ read, but it was a ‘could not put it down’ read. More than worth the read, I’ll be picking up book two, but not quite enough to be labelled a favourite.

I have high hopes for book two, though, and am eager to find out more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment