Friday 22 March 2019

Review: With a Hitch

With a Hitch With a Hitch by R.C. Boldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

With a Hitch is an example of why romance is to blame for my single status. We can ignore all my flaws and annoyances and focus solely upon how With a Hitch gives us a unicorn of a hero. Dax is perfect, unbelievably wonderful in every way, and no person will ever be able to hold a candle to him. Therefore, I would like to offer R.C. Boldt my thanks. Thank you for creating a hero who has ruined men for me, I shall be happily returning to Dax on a regular basis to get my fix.

With a Hitch follows on from Ditched, although you do not need to read Ditched to understand With a Hitch. At first, I feared such would be the case. However, it quickly became apparent With a Hitch works perfectly fine as a standalone story. I will be reading Ditched in the future – I have in on my Kindle, ready for me to dive into – but this is not due to a lack of understanding. My desire to read Ditched is due to wanting more, more of the world and the characters. I know there is another book coming with one of the characters I came to love throughout With a Hitch, and I plan to use Ditched to tide me over until then.

Although the first couple of chapters did not suck me in completely, once the story got going I found myself unable to put With a Hitch down. I happily devoured it in a single sitting, addicted to everything that was playing out. The characters were wonderful, the development of the story was great, there was plenty of emotion throughout, there was humour to be had, and so much more. I was hooked on every possible level and loved every minute of the story.

Not only did I find myself the perfect man in Dax, but I also found myself the perfect friend in Tank. I have my fingers crossed he gets a book in the future, along with many of the other characters, as I fell in love with everyone and everything about With a Hitch and cannot wait for more.

There is no doubt about it, R.C. Boldt created a winner here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment