Saturday 9 March 2019

Review: Into the Shadows

Into the Shadows Into the Shadows by Sara Crawford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve previously read and enjoyed Sara Crawford’s We Own the Sky and was more than willing to devour Into the Shadows when I found out about it. As someone who is unlikely to ever grow tired of vampires, Into the Shadows offered something different that left me curious.

Into the Shadows introduces us to a paranormal world that promises us a lot of fun for the future of the series. We meet some great characters, we are introduced to interesting creatures, and the storyline leaves us with plenty of things for which we want more. It’s unique whilst giving fans of the genre the things they love, creating a read that is impossible to put down.

I wish to point out, at this point, my rating is a three-point-five-star rating rather than the three-star rating I have given it. I spent quite a bit of time debating whether I would round up or down, and in the end I opted to round down because I believe the future books will be easy four-star reads. This one was a lot of introduction, it opened up plenty of things, and a part of me feels as though too much happened for the first book considering the length.

It made for an action-packed read, one where something is always happening, but a part of me believes too much was crammed into a single book. There were some points, some aspects, where I would have been happier had things been spread out a bit more, if we’d received a bit more detail. Despite this, I was addicted. I happily devoured the book in a single sitting and need to see what happens next.

With so much fun throughout Into the Shadows, I cannot wait to see what the next book in the series brings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment