Friday 30 October 2020

Review: Deliver Us

Deliver Us Deliver Us by Pam Godwin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Deliver Us contains the first three books in Pam Godwin’s Deliver series – Deliver, Vanquish, and Disclaim – and I have rather mixed feelings about the series. It was an addictive read, but there were certain elements of the storylines I found difficult to connect to.

In truth, I think I would have enjoyed these books a lot more if I had read them a few years ago. The storylines are addictive and suck you in, but the work I do makes it extremely difficult to get behind these kinds of storylines. I spend too much of my time picking things apart, noting on things that are too far from reality, and compare them with the things I have seen at work. Due to this, I’m pushed out of the storyline more than I should be and lose some of the impact of the story. This, however, is simply a result of working making it hard to enjoy these storylines when I know the reality and does not take away from the fact the author has created an addictive series.

Although this ended up being not quite for me, I was addicted and can certainly see the appeal of the series. I’ll certainly be giving more Pam Godwin books a read in the future, as I’m curious to see what else the author has to offer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment