Friday 30 October 2020

Review: Stroke of Midnight

Stroke of Midnight Stroke of Midnight by K. Webster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m always happy to dive into fairy tale retellings, especially when those retellings are dark and twisted. With Stroke of Midnight, K. Webster offered a Cinderella retelling that turned the story around and offered so much more than I’d expected.

Stroke of Midnight had me hooked from the very first page, ensuring I was happy to devour this story in a single sitting. It was twisted, but it was packed with emotion, ensuring I could not put it down. Each new element that was introduced sucked me in deeper, and I could not get enough of the characters and their story.

I just wish I’d known before reading this one that it ended on a cliff-hanger, as now I have to wait to see what comes next. When I went into it, I thought it was a full story, but it’s a small price to pay to receive more of this gripping tale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment