Tuesday 13 October 2020

Review: Return to Virgin River

Return to Virgin River Return to Virgin River by Robyn Carr
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although the Virgin River series is Robyn Carr’s most popular series, Return to Virgin River was my first foray into the series. After enjoying the author’s Sullivan’s Crossing series, along with some of the author’s standalone novels, I was curious about what this one would offer.

Despite this being my first introduction to the series, I managed to understand the story without any prior knowledge of the series. There were a lot of details given to explain characters, which has left me curious about their stories, but it is not necessary to know these details before going in. The story stands alone, although there will be curiosity about the other books.

While I found this to be a quick and easy read, it didn’t quite wow me in the way I had hoped it would. It was enjoyable and I devoured it in a single sitting, but I wanted a bit more tension from the story. It was a very easy read, but the other books I have read from the author have packed more of an emotional punch. It’s possible I would have enjoyed this one more if I already had an investment in the series, but as it was this was enjoyable but not quite everything I had expected.

All in all, this made for easy quick reading and has left me curious about the earlier books in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment