Monday 12 October 2020

Review: Two Steps Forward

Two Steps Forward Two Steps Forward by Graeme Simsion
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Two Steps Forward is a story that took me a while to get into, one I wasn’t entirely sure about, but found myself eager to read more of. It’s one of those stories that has me conflicted, one that I had hoped for a bit more from.

I think my main issue with this one is that I did not connect with the characters until quite late in the story. I was curious about how things would play out, but there was too much miscommunication for me to fall for the tale. I wanted to see how the pieces would come together, but – more importantly – I wanted the characters to simply talk. It would have saved a lot of trouble, and I feel I would have connected with them a lot easier.

Although this wasn’t quite everything that I had hoped it would be, it certainly had me turning the pages to see how everything came together in the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment