Monday 26 October 2020

Review: The Princess and the Player

The Princess and the Player The Princess and the Player by J. Santiago
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

The Princess and the Player is one of those books that I thought would be for me, but I found it wasn’t what I was expecting. I was ready for a deeply angsty read, one that had me invested, but I never connected with the characters in this one.

Although there was a lot of potential and the idea of this story was great, my inability to connect to the characters and their relationship made it that I didn’t much care for what was happening. I kept waiting for the connection to hit me hard, for me to fall deep for the characters, but it did not happen. Things were too flat for me and lacked the emotional punch I had hoped for.

I’m clearly in the minority with this one, though. Many seem to have enjoyed it, but it wasn’t for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment