Wednesday 21 October 2020

Review: The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away The One That Got Away by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I positively adored Luciano in The Forbidden Man and was desperate to dive into his story. In truth, I think I went into The One That Got Away with too high expectations because of this fact. Although I enjoyed this one, I didn’t love it quite as much as I had hoped for.

The One That Got Away is a story that shows how love is never easy, how people make mistakes, and how we will always find a way. It hit hard in places, but I never quite felt the overpowering connection between the characters that I had hoped for. I enjoyed them together, I was hooked on their story, but I kept waiting for something more to happen – for that connection to grow stronger, for my investment to overpower me, for me to suffocate under the love I’d imagined when reading The Forbidden Man. Despite not quite loving it as much as I had hoped for, I was still hooked on the story.

All in all, The One That Got Away was another addictive read from Karina Halle. I would not label this my favourite from the author, but it’s well worth the read for a messy love story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment