Tuesday 7 August 2018

Review: Angel

Angel Angel by Victoria Johns
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve consistently enjoyed by Victoria Johns reads, the Soul Mates series being a series I was more than willing to devour, meaning I was pretty eager to dive into the new Victoria Johns series. I was especially interested when I found out it was to be a motorcycle club read, as I have a particular weakness for such stories.

Whilst I usually love Victoria Johns, sadly, Angel didn't do it for me. It was enjoyable enough, but I had been hoping for something more. Whether it’s due to my standards being high from the Soul Mates series or whether it is due to my standards being high with motorcycle club reads, this one felt as though it was lacking the little something extra that makes the book a wow read.

There was so much potential with Angel, my expectations being set quite high. There was the promise of darkness, a link between the past and the present of the characters’ lives, and the fun of a motorcycle club. Although these elements did exist, I feel as though they were not taken as far as they could have been. We got glimpses of the good stuff, but I was constantly waiting for that little bit more.

I think my biggest issue is that I never came to feel the chemistry between the two characters. Their story was interesting, yet I never felt any chemistry between them. In fact, they seemed to spend more time apart than they spent together – thus making it difficult for me to feel anything between them. Add in the predictability of their story, and there wasn’t really anything to make this stand out when compared to my usual motorcycle club reads.

As a whole, Angel was enjoyable enough but it wasn’t all I had hoped it would be. I’m interested in seeing what the next Black Sentinels MC book brings, but I’m not yet as invested in this series as I have been with other Victoria Johns books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment