Thursday 16 August 2018

Review: Cheeky Royal

Cheeky Royal Cheeky Royal by Nana Malone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A couple of months ago I read Cheeky Prince, the prequel to Nana Malone’s Royals Undercover duet. Although I wasn’t crazy about the prequel, it left me more than willing to dive into the duet. In fact, I was more than a little bit curious. Thus, when I finally got the chance to dive in, I was happy to devour the story.

Cheeky Prince was an insanely addictive read, one that had me turning the pages at a rapid pace. It gave us so much, ensuring there will be plenty more of this world to come, promising us so much from so many characters. As excited as I am for the spin-off series, following one of the characters I came to love so much in Cheeky Prince, I fear Cheeky Prince has set the standard too high. I’m positive I will love the spin-off books, but I’m so in love with these characters I fear the spin-off will not hit me quite as hard. I’ll be reading it, though, once I’m done with the Royals Undercover, there is no doubt of that.

With Cheeky Prince we’re given a read any fan of the royal romance trend needs to read. With insanely fun characters, plenty of drama, a wonderful romance with fabulous chemistry, and an addictive storyline, this book has plenty to keep the reader entertained. In fact, this book managed to provide so much more than I’d anticipated. With so many elements introduced, I cannot wait to see how things come together in the second book – there really is so much that needs to be brought together, and if the conclusion is anything like the introduction it will be amazing.

I think the only thing I wasn’t crazy about was the ending. To me, it felt like the ending came out of nowhere and was a bit sudden. I understand why it played out the way it did, I appreciate what it promises for book two, but I feel as though it was a bit more abrupt than I would have liked.

Nevertheless, Cheeky Prince left me more than willing to dive straight into Cheeky King. I cannot wait to get more of the characters I enjoyed so much in this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment