Thursday 2 August 2018

Review: Bewitched

Bewitched Bewitched by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If I’m being completely honest, of all the characters in Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series, I care the least about Eve Levine and Kristof Nast. They have their purpose, but I never fell in love with them the way I fell in love with some of the other characters. Thus, I’ve never been overly crazy about the short stories that follow them. However, as I love all the extras we’re offered for this world, I was more than willing to give Bewitched a read.

I’ll be honest, this one surprised me. I enjoyed it much more than I’d imagined, considering how I do not care much for the two characters involved. This may not be a full four-star rating, but it was close enough (and surprised me enough) that I had to round up.

Giving us the story of how the two met, I found myself enjoying their interactions more than I’d imagined. Not to mention, I really enjoyed watching how things played out in the end. A part of me believes I may have enjoyed Eve more had I read this first, but this one did provide a retrospective appreciation of her character.

Certainly a worthwhile read for fans of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment