Wednesday 1 August 2018

Review: Deceptions

Deceptions Deceptions by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Deceptions is the third book in Kelley Armstrong’s Cainsville series, and it’s another wonderful addition to the series. There is no doubt in my mind that each book is getting stronger, sucking me ever deeper into the story, and leaving me addicted beyond belief.

This book started out strong and continued with the strength throughout. There was plenty introduced throughout this book, and all worked to leave me addicted to the story and curious as to where things would go next. In fact, of the first three books this was the most addictive in terms of the reveals that came to light.

I admit that there was plenty I’d already worked out in book two, with book three simply confirming my beliefs, yet there were elements introduced in this one that promise plenty for the last two books in the series. I could sit and list all the things I’d worked out, all the things that came as a surprise, and all the suspicions I have for the future, but to do so would be to give spoilers and ruin what is to come for those who have yet to read the book.

Just know, Deceptions brings a lot to the series. Things are coming together so well, and I cannot wait to see how everything plays out. I will admit there is one element I’m not crazy to see play out – the clear love triangle, the one thing I cannot stand in stories – yet Kelley Armstrong is doing it in such a way that I’ve yet to start pulling my hair out in annoyance. It may not be my favourite element of the story, especially when we can all guess how it will play out, but it is nowhere near as bad as it could be.

As ever, I’ve been left with the desperate desire to grab the next book. I’m both excited to dive in and fearful, knowing I’ve passed the halfway point and things will soon be coming to an end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment