Saturday 11 August 2018

Review: Fallen

Fallen Fallen by Natasha Grace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Natasha Grace’s Fallen was a wonderful debut novel; it was a fun quick read, one I really enjoyed. I was addicted from the start, and I’m more than willing to dive into more of the author’s work in the future. In fact, I’m rather eager to see what comes next with the Billionaires of Manhattan series (in fact, there are certain characters from Fallen I would like to see more of).

In a world where romance books seem to be thrown at me from every direction – I’m unsure how I went from avoiding them to romance being my most read genre – I often find myself a wee bit nervous when trying a new author. I never go in expecting bad things – I’m not that kind of reader – but I rarely go in with the belief I’m about to find my new favourite romance author. With favourites firmly in place in my mind, I just go in hoping for a fun read.

There is no doubt in my mind that Fallen is an extremely fun read. It’s a simple story, but it is incredibly addictive. It does not quite have the depth I usually enjoy in my romance novels, but it does have a lot to it – more than enough to keep you engaged throughout, ensuring you’ll be turning the pages at a rapid pace. In fact, I found this one extremely difficult to put down. Once I started, I found myself desperate to finish – I wanted to see how every detail came together.

With a trope that is extremely popular, Natasha Grace throws in plenty of her own charm, ensuring the book has enough to make it stand out from the crowd. It has all a romance novel needs to make it a hit, along with that something uniquely the author to ensure you will be back for more. I think my favourite element of Fallen, though, was the way the business side of things was actually given some attention. Usually this aspect of such stories is there, but never looked at – it sits in the background and we fill in our own blanks – but Natasha Grace addresses the business world, giving us a little something more to bring the story to life.

With great characters, a fun storyline, and plenty to keep you entertained, Fallen will have you hooked from the first to the last page. Upon finishing, you’ll want more Natasha Grace in your future.

Without a doubt, this is a great debut and I cannot wait to see what the author brings us next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment