Saturday 11 August 2018

Review: Ice Cream Castles

Ice Cream Castles Ice Cream Castles by Clarke Collins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anyone who follows my reviews will know I’m not the biggest reader of novellas and short stories, as I much prefer big chunky books I can lose myself in for hours on end. Those same people will know I’m always willing to give new authors a try, hence my reading of this novella. In my willingness to read Clarke Collins, I found myself enjoying Ice Cream Castles much more than I enjoy the average novella.

Ice Cream Castles is a story you can devour in a single sitting, one that you will power through, and yet it has a huge impact. It’s a story of how a chance meeting can change lives, demonstrating how the unexpected can hit at the least anticipated moment.

Honestly, I was surprised by the depth of this one. There was so much to the characters and the story, providing such a deep and meaningful little tale. I was sucked in from the very first page, and the ending left me desperate for more – at the same time, I loved the way it ended. If you’re a fan of novellas with a strong impact, one that has a lot of depth, Ice Cream Castles is the novella for you.

There is no doubt in my mind that I will be reading more Clarke Collins in the future, with my fingers being crossed I get a full-length Clarke Collins novel in the future.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review Siobhan. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. - Clarke

    ReplyDelete