Wednesday 8 August 2018

Review: The Furthest Station

The Furthest Station The Furthest Station by Ben Aaronovitch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m going to be completely honest – the last two Peter Grant books I have read were not quite what I’d been hoping for. Book five, Foxglove Summer, managed a rounded-up four-star rating from me. A part of me did consider rounding down, but it just managed to receive the rounded-up rating. Book six, The Hanging Tree, however, was a three-star rating. As a whole, I love Peter Grant but the last couple of books have left me a little bit unsure about where things are going. Nevertheless, as I’m still a bit of a fan girl, I decided it was finally time to give the between novella a read.

For me, The Furthest Station was a decent addition to the series, but it did not add all that much. If you wish, you can skip this one and you will not be missing anything vital. If you want a fun quick little read, a tiny bit extra, then The Furthest Station is a great way to pass your time between the Peter Grant books. If you’re looking for something deeper, something that moves the main storyline forward, then you’re better sticking to the main books.

Overall, The Furthest Station was a nice little read to pass a bit of time, but it is far from being my favourite addition to the Peter Grant series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment