Wednesday 29 August 2018

Review: Swords & Stilettos

Swords & Stilettos Swords & Stilettos by Kristin D. Van Risseghem
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Swords & Stilettos, the first book in Kristin D. Van Risseghem’s Enlighten series, is one of those books to have caught my attention quite a few times. As someone who enjoyed an interesting angel read, I was more than willing to see if the book would deliver all I had hoped for.

In truth, this book wasn’t quite what I had expected. It was interesting enough, but it did not blow my mind. I want to know what happens next, I’ll certainly be giving the next book a read, but I’m in no rush to find out how everything comes together. My curiosity exists, but it is not that powerful.

I think my biggest issue is that it fell into the young adult trap I find myself unable to enjoy. You see, a lot of the book seemed to focus upon high school drama. There were interesting supernatural elements thrown throughout – and I really want to find out more in the future books – yet the majority of the story seemed to get stuck dealing with all the high school drama. I would have preferred less of the drama and more of the action.

As I’ve said, though, although I wasn’t crazy about this one I am interested in seeing where things go from here. There were plenty of things introduced in this one, and I’m curious as to how everything plays out. I’ll be crossing my fingers that the future books in the series pick up the action and deliver the full potential.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment