Friday 17 August 2018

Review: Cheeky King

Cheeky King Cheeky King by Nana Malone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cheeky King brings Nana Malone’s Royals Undercover duet to a close, and it was a great second book. The moment I finished the first I was desperate to dive into this second book, and I gladly completed it in no time at all. I needed to see how everything played out, and I was more than willing to power through the book.

With Cheeky King, so much is brought together. We were introduced to so many aspects in the first book, and I was a bit fearful the second book would be unable to bring together all the loose ends. My fear was unfounded, though, as the details came together beautifully. Everything we were introduced to in the first book came together in this one, giving us resolution to all the things we had questions about. With more of the characters loved so much in the first one, and plenty more drama, Cheeky King will please anyone who enjoyed the first book.

I will be honest and say the ending did seem a bit rushed to me, though. I feel as though events came together rather easily and didn’t quite have the depth they could have had, considering everything that went down in the first book and in the first half of the second. It was interesting, it certainly ensured everything was tied together well, but it did not have quite the impact it could have had. It did not ruin the duet for me, not at all, but I did feel as though things were a bit too easy for my liking. I think, in part, this is a reflection of my preference of high-octane thrills in my books, and this was not to the standard I prefer (which, I can understand, as it was not that kind of book).

Overall, though, I loved the Royals Undercover duet. I had so much fun with the characters and the events, and I’ll be diving straight into the spinoff duet Nana Malone has given us with Lucas as a main character. After enjoying Royals Undercover so much, and falling in so deep with the characters, I’m more than eager to see what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment