Wednesday 9 January 2019

Review: The Best of Us

The Best of Us The Best of Us by Robyn Carr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading and enjoying Any Day Now and The Family Gathering, books two and three in the Sullivan’s Crossing series, I was more than willing to dive into the fourth book in the series. In all honesty, I really need to go back and read What We Find – this has nothing to do with a lack of understanding, but simply because I want to know all the details – yet the pull of The Best of Us was too strong to ignore.

In all honesty, I did not enjoy The Best of Us quite as much as I enjoyed my two prior Robyn Carr books in the series. However, it was still a great read and an easy four-star rating. It was both sweet and emotion filled, and I was addicted throughout. Once I started reading, I found it to be an extremely difficult book to put down. It had me hooked in all the best ways, leaving me happy to devour the book.

With this one, our main romance is the sweet read. The way the relationship blooms between the two characters, the way they interact, is all kinds of adorable. I was sucked into their story, and even when the drama started I found the things happening were more cuteness than angst. There were some heavy emotions in their story, but the majority of the heavy emotions were found in the side stories we were told throughout. In addition to the main romance, we have two other blooming love stories. One of which deals with a heavy topic, will have you dealing with all kinds of emotions.

It’s certainly a book that hooks you on numerous levels, one that will leave you happy to read more Robyn Carr.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment