Thursday 31 January 2019

Review: Without Merit

Without Merit Without Merit by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Without Merit was my third Colleen Hoover read – my two prior reads It Ends with Us and Confess – and, if I’m completely honest, it’s my least favourite of the three. My rating is dead centre, stuck between three-stars and four-stars. There were some elements I enjoyed, others I wasn’t crazy about, making it very difficult to decide upon my rating.

In the end, after much consideration, I decided to be nice and round my rating up. The fact I was addicted to this one, the fact I kept coming back and was never away for long, was the deciding factor for me. It was addictive enough to take hold of all my attention, and due to that I rounded up even though it wasn’t quite the book I’d been expecting.

I think my issue is Without Merit tried to do too much. There were so many things within this book, and I feel as though certain elements failed to hit the right spots. Some aspects were really well done, and I enjoyed these things, but the other parts felt very weak in comparison. Add in the fact I feel as though some things were never dealt with properly, and the divide between things was even more obvious.

Without a doubt, Without Merit was an addictive read. I simply feel as though it did not reach the full potential.

Also, side note. Am I going to find more artist love interests in Collen Hoover novels, or is it simply a result of reading Confess then Without Merit? I cannot decide if it’s going to become a theme, or whether I simply had strange luck with my reading choices.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment