Monday 25 March 2019

Review: The Ascension of Melanie Winters

The Ascension of Melanie Winters The Ascension of Melanie Winters by Holly Stockport
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Ascension of Melanie Winters is one of those books I could not decide upon a rating for. A part of me wanted to give this a single star, whereas another part of me said it was worthy of a two-star rating. In the end, I opted with the generous rating. Even so, a part of me continues to debate my rating.

For me, The Ascension of Melanie Winters had a lot of potential. It was a fun idea, there was a lot that could have been done with the story, but I was never sucked into it. For me, there was too much tell and not enough show. I kept waiting to experience the big things, to be sucked into them, but it never really occurred. Add in the fact I felt nothing towards the characters, and it was only curiosity that had me continuing to read this one.

Evidently, the curiosity was strong as I happily finished this one. It’s a short read, one I managed to complete in a couple of hours, and there’s the chance of many interesting things occurring in the future books. As it stands, I doubt I’ll be reading the future books, but for those who enjoy this one there seems to be a lot of potential.

Overall, this one wasn’t for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment